Parent Teacher Organization
The objectives of the Rich Acres Elementary School PTO is to:
· Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school and community.
· Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Rich Acres Elementary.
· Expand technology and supplement equipment and supplies.
· Promote student safety and security.
· Support and fund programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
· Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
We plan to accomplish our objectives by:
· Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school
· Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school
· Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs
· Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum
· Organize fundraising efforts to support some additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget
· Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism
· Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTO functions and assist with school programs
· Stay aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and schools
Some of the things we help our students, teachers, and school with are:
· The AR Reading Incentive
· Field Day
· End of the Year Awards
· Field Trips
· Playground Equipment
· Lunch Duty Relief for the Teachers
· Supplies for the classrooms
· Teacher Appreciation Week
We can fund/support these and other programs with:
· Money from fundraisers like our Fall Festival, School Skate, Wendy’s Night Out, Labels/Box Tops for Education, Doughnut and Candy Sales, School Spirit Items, and Yearbooks.
· Volunteers like YOU!
Meetings are usually held on the second Tuesday of designated months and start at 7:00 pm. A business meeting will be held first and then a grade level will present a program. Check with the school office for the exact date.
Special Events Sponsored by the Rich Acres PTA:
· 1st Tuesday of each month is School Skate at Roll-A-Bout from 5:30 - 7:30 pm.
· Wendy’s Night Out is held from 5:00 – 7:00 on second Tuesdays of designated months, before the PTO and School Class programs.
WE NEED YOU!!!
Please join the fun! Get more involved with helping our students and teachers have the best year possible. Let them know we care and support them 100%!!
Support your children and teachers by attending these events!
Quote from Mrs. Hussey:
“Our goal is to aid our students in becoming lifelong, independent learners and respectful citizens.”
Let’s show our support of this goal! Join the PTO today!